The primary aim of strategic tourism planning is to bring stakeholders together and provide them with tools to work collaboratively to transform a set of attractions, activities and services into a cohesive and compelling travel experience, or Destination.
The key to the success and sustainability of a destination development effort is ongoing management. The most critical functions of a Destination Management Company (DMC) are:
• Experience Development – circuit development, packaging, and signage
• Tourism Branding and Tourism Marketing – branding development services, graphic design services, social media, tour operator/travel press trips
• Market Access – reservations systems, accessing existing networks
• Ensuring Brand Integrity – standards, certification, and training
• Customer Relationship Management – at the retail and wholesale level
• Representation – giving stakeholders a unified and more powerful voice
• Financial Sustainability – through strategic business planning of the DMC
Me Travel Group provides end-to-end solutions for new and existing DMCs to successfully take on all of these responsibilities, and create and implement business plans that will provide them with the financial resources needed to carry them out on an ongoing basis. Me Travel Group also assists DMCs with the following visitor services that provide a more defined and memorable sense of place:
• Visitor Centre Development and Management – providing a hub for tourism information, trade promotion, and destination marketing
• Visitor Interpretive and Directional Signage – destinations such as a beach in Algarve or a Castle in Ireland have benefited from Me Travel Group’s assistance in planning, creating and disseminating the necessary informative and interpretive information to enrich the tourist experience
• Maps and Digital Applications – Me Travel Group has partnered with IWTX to create these unique products and help promote and protect the distinctive characters of a destinatio
During the destination development process (of the DMC and the destination) Me Travel Group can also, if needed, take on most DMC functions and provide hands-on technical assistance, training and mentoring to the staff. We also provide tools and platforms that can be used by the companies to market destinations on an ongoing basis.